Saturday 20 August 2016

Heathy (sort of) Fudgy cranberry double chocolate brownies

It has been a while since I posted a recipe on my blog and so I thought I would treat you guys to something special. 

Today I made the most gorgeous, fudgiest chocolate brownies. (If I don't say so myself..) I really do love baking, and it's nice being able to make time for it on my weekends. I am planning to do a lot more of it whilst I can. 

The weather outside today is truly disgusting, It makes me want to leave Britain and set up a new life in LA, the sun makes me so happy! No wonder Americans are crazy happy and us brits just don't get it. 

So, as you may know, as all I've done is bang on about it..I am on prep. 8 weeks out tomorrow, but I am eating rather flexibly. These brownies being  a prime example that deprivation of your favourite foods is not necessary (even on prep) and that modest amounts of the things you love aren't going to make you balloon..then float away and becoming stranded like the beached whale you have now become. 














INGREDIENTS 


2 eggs 
1/4 Sukrin Coconut flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 + 2 generous tablespoons of honey
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 dried cranberries 





 HOW TO

1) Preheat the oven to 180'C and grease/line a shallow-ish brownie tray using coconut oil 
2) Start by mixing the eggs,  melted coconut oil and vanilla then add the honey.
3) Next add the coconut flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder.
4) Stir in the chocolate chips and cranberries 
5) Fill the greased and lined baking tin and pop it in the oven for 20 minutes
6) Remove from the oven and allow the brownie to set 
7) Try not to eat it all at once (It's tough, believe me)





Serve these with whatever the hell your heart desires..I will have my portion with a bit of greek yogurt this evening, whilst crying with happiness. 





No comments:

Post a Comment